Friday, May 24, 2013

pink is where it's at...


What are you seeing out your window today?  It is Friday, sunny, hot, busy, exciting, relaxing...all mixed into one here and wouldn't expect anything else.  Out our office window I have been peering into my garden which is soaking up the sun and growing, growing, growing.  Snapped a photo the other day of one of my favorite trees.


This tree is such a mystery to me.  Several times it has bloomed these bright pink flowers.  There are other times it is a light pink or even white.  No matter what is blooming on it...beautiful all the same.  So, as you can see, it has become my happy project #14.


I have had this wood birdhouse sitting on my craft table for weeks now.  Not sure why, but it was calling out to me say "cover me!".  With a bit of paper, trim, buttons, paint and thread...this little house came to be.  Added layers of stamped butterflies to represent the pink in the inspiration photo.


Wanted to add crepe paper for the grass, but couldn't find it so I used green thread.  Think I like this a little better.  Dug down deep in the scrap bin to find a handful of paper I haven't used in quite sometime like Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye.  There is always a need to scraps that is why I keep them all.

Supplies: BIRDHOUSE - American Craft (paper), Crate Paper (paper), Pink Paislee (stamps), Papertrey Ink (stamps, ink, buttons), Therm O Web (iCraft tape, Zots, adhesive), May Arts (ribbon), Cosmo Cricket (paper), hole punch, thread, paint, wood birdhouse, safety pin, craft glue, adhesive pearl, sewing machine and pom-pom trim.


A card to match using similar elements from the colors, butterflies, ribbon and paper.  I often check the clearance aisle of my local craft store for charms and beads to use on projects and happen to see this little pink flower charm on my desk today.


Supplies: CARD - American Craft (foam dots), Therm O Web (iCraft tape, adhesive), My Mind's Eye (paper), Martha Stewart (decorative tape), Pebbles (paper), Papertrey Ink (ink, buttons, dies), Spellbinders (die), BoBunny (paper), Pink Paislee (stamps), May Arts (ribbon), hole punch, stick pin, charm, craft glue, sewing machine and staples.

Any color standing out to inspire you today while gazing out the window? 

Although I didn't capture it the other day on my camera, project #15 is being created as I type and can't wait to share.  Stay tuned...

Andrea

4 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the little wooden birdhouse! Your tree is beautiful, how fun that it changes colors too. Have a great holiday weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee whiz...what an adorable way to finish out that birdhouse, Andrea! Such beautiful colors today, too!! Thanks for your comment today...always so nice to hear from you!!!

    ReplyDelete