Monday, May 20, 2013

put on your party dress...


Ok, so I am slightly behind on my happy projects, but still workin' in the background to catch up.  This little gal has been sitting patiently in my craft room waiting for her moment in the spotlight...which came early this morning and she is helping brighten my day.  If you can recall, several weeks ago I started sifting through a memory box of mine from my high school and college years.  My little men standing right by my side to claim almost every thing that looked like a toy.  In the mix we stumbled across this troll. 


Do you remember these?  Did you ever have one...or maybe you still do?  I just knew that I would have to dress her up and cover that little bum of hers. 


Used tiny pieces of Pat Sloan's new fabric, felt, buttons, ribbon adhesive (to keep the dress together) and created a necklace from glass pearl beads and thread.  Cut a wood skewer for the pennant flag and add Zots to keep it in her hand.  An what is completes the project...a matching card of course.


Supplies: CARD - Pebbles (paper), American Crafts (paper), Heidi Swapp (color shine), My Mind's Eye (paper), Simple Stories (paper), Spellbinders (die cut), Studio Calico (wood frame), Papertrey Ink (die cut, stamp, button, twine), staple, sewing machine. DOLL - Pat Sloan (fabric), Glue Arts (ribbon adhesive), Papertrey Ink (stamp, ink, button, twine), Heidi Swapp (color shine), American Crafts (cardstock), Quickutz (die), felt, glass beads, thread.

Completed day #12 and #13 and will share here tomorrow!  Here is a little peek at one of them that I have been working on inspired by this invitation and a baby shower that I am currently working on.

photo
Love the flowers on the black background.  Enjoy your day and many happy moments that fill it!

Andrea

10 comments:

  1. I started smiling as soon as the trolls hair came into view as a scrolled down. What fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter collected Trolls. Which date me, hmmm. Love the card and want to read more about your 100 days of happy.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I must be old since I can remember the Troll's and even had a few when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you've dressed her up Andrea, too too fun! And the card, super duper as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I think I remember these - Treasure Trolls, right?!? Now she has a very pretty party dress. And a great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute troll, and very pretty card, but I really love the baby invite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun! Brought a smile to my face and great memories to mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness ....I have not seen one of these in a very long time . And yes I had a few . Your card is so beautiful . TFS .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE the troll! Made me grin! And the "Be Happy" card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete