Thursday, May 2, 2013

the happy project...


As we all have experienced from time to time, there are those moments when our creativity seems to go through "hard times".  Some sort of disconnect from what gets and keeps us inspired.  This is where I have been lately.  I walk into my craft space and in the back of my mind I am thinking I should be doing something else.  Yesterday, while in a bit of a slump, the idea for capturing 100 days of happy moments was created. Each day, for the next 100 days, I will take a photo of something in my daily life that makes my heart go pitter patter with happiness.  Then on to create a project using the photo as my inspiration and share it here using paper from my scrap bins and all sorts of fun goodies. Then, to add a little something fun, each 20 days I will do a giveaway of the projects that I create and a few crafting supplies for one winner... making that a total of 5 giveaways!

So let me get started with day #1...


We recently add this little guy to our family, and although the puppy stage does not make me happy (so difficult some days), my little man holding him does.  He is all smiles when he sees Pippin.  Thank goodness he is tiny since as he gets carried around the house...a lot. 

From this photo, I was so quickly inspired to create a sentiment card that was a bit boy inspired...


Supplies: Pink Paislee (paper, chipboard, die cut #, alpha stickers), Heidi Swapp (Color Shine, stickers, paper), Studio Calico  (tape, stamp), American Crafts (Thickers, carstock, foam dots), My Mind's Eye (paper), Papertrey Ink (button), Maya Road (label), Therm O Web (adhesive), staples, yarn, sewing machine.

I was digging through my paper bin and found a very large die cut circle from white cardstock.  Folded it in half and then cut it in half to create my card.  Cut strips of paper, also from the paper scrap bin, and add them to the front of the card.  Added decorative tape, stamps, labels, stickers and more.  Finished it off with some yarn, button and specks of Color Shine.

I already have my photo for today and will share that tomorrow along with a project...what will it be?  Also, make sure to hop along with American Crafts on Saturday for National Scrapbook Day.  There is plenty of fun to be had!

So, what inspires you today?

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Interesting project... Nice puppy, but I understand, sometime it is enough hard to be puppys' mother:)But he is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recently were able to clear out a room in our house. So I am in the midst of making it my craft/computer room. It is taking me sooo much longer than I want. You see besides not having a design eye, I don't have the gift of organization. I come from @ least 2 generations of women with the same problem.
    Anyway I have come across several unfinished projects. Each time I go into that room I find something else that may go with those unfinished projects, so I get them out and start fiddling. In doing that it make for a clean room though. LOL
    Cute dog you have. We have been caretakers of my son's for about 5 yrs. He is a very good dog, however it is like having another child. So I sympathize with you having him all day trying to keep him out of trouble.
    Looking forward to the 100 days of your creating. Hope you don't get to tired of it. I always enjoy stopping by here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see no lack of mojo here Andrea, what a fun card! LOVE the big arrow. Look at your little man with Pippin, TOO cute. Ahhh yes the puppy stage. When our little Max was teething he went through what I called the cannibal stage LOL!!! Oh those sharp little teeth. One day I thought I had had it and couldn't take it anymore. The next day he was OVER it ~ go figure!

    ReplyDelete