Thursday, June 26, 2014

one step at a time...

Today is a new day, time to cross an item off the list and get ready for whatever comes my way.  The garden is a little thirsty, the boys are taking some quiet time apart (much needed) and I am looking at the rest of the day and how much is still possible to fit into the next seven hours.  It is hot here, no outside time which means plenty of inside project time.  Worked on my framed "bucket list #1" piece.


Had a frame stored away which I had repainted from Goodwill many years ago.  Found a roll of cork at the craft store, two layers for this project attached to the back of the frame.  Printed out the map in a size appropriate for the frame and added a touch of colorful tape.  Ready for my pins to arrive today and start marking off those states!

This next bucket list item is something extremely special and in need of completion.  My mother made a quilt top for my first birthday and never was able to complete it.  She passed it along to me a while back and I am ready to finish it.  Picked up a few supplies today to get started...cannot mess up this one.


This is a keeper for many years to come and want to make sure that it is done right.  Kind of neat that I grew up watching her sew and I now have found a love of it myself.   May take awhile, but will share once it is complete.  Now time to clean up a bit and then get creative with some new stamps I just got in the mail from Precious Remembrance!

oh so fun stamp set

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh I need to get back to my sewing machine too! Your baby quilt looks like a very sweet one. You'll LOVE this new PR set, the jars are so cute with many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete