Friday, June 6, 2014

scratch it...

Working in, what I like to call, my urban garden yesterday facing the fact that Florida summers are just too hot for some of my delicate plants to survive.  It was time to clean out, clear out and store away some of my pots for the time being and give more attention to those that may survive with a little extra love.  Over the past several months I have read a few books to work on this green thumb of mine, and thank goodness I came across this one...

yougrowgirl.com
An easy read for a beginner like myself and it has lead me to read her other books and start a "do it yourself" movement in our house.  Although I am the only girl in the house I am determined to pass down that from scratch attitude!  
I have really tried it all.  Okra, eggplant, zucchini, kale, cucumber, strawberries, five types of basil and the list could go on and on.  Along with it comes the adventure of learning how to cook with new ingredients.  Eggplant is one I am still trying to figure out, but I am sure once I find the perfect dish I will fall in love.  For now, I wait.
Time to put aside the gardening and sewing today to be a little creative in the kitchen, stretch a few groceries and make something yummy from scratch.  Simply in love with our sweet little life in the burbs today.

Hope you can take a moment to create something special as well!

3 comments:

KimCreate said...

Your eggplant is as stunning as your sewing and paper creations!

Geri said...

So nice to see you back, Andrea!

bonnie said...

Wow growing food must be your thing, that looks wonderful! :) beautiful creation at the end there too! Xx