Wednesday, June 4, 2014

stopping to listen...

So almost one year I have been away and I can truly say that I am happy to return.   It was time to unplug, take a break, draw within and really put down the scissors and glue to focus on what else makes me who I am.  Many days were spent with my boys, in my garden, and learning how to bring out the country girl while living in a big city.  Our 12' x 12' patio turned into a fully producing vegetable, flower and fruit garden with many little critters and hands helping.  I have to say watching a single seed grow into a plant that can provide nutrition for your family is probably one of the most amazing things and taught me how having patience and love is key.
So how did this return come about?  My husband was in GREAT need of studio space and I was ready to give up my crafting space to him.  I threw everything in boxes and packed them in the garage until the room was renovated.  Once we started putting things away I knew it was time to go through each box one at a time.  What to get rid of, what to keep, would I keep anything?  Well, one night a couple of weeks ago it hit me.  An idea that brought me back to my sewing machine and trying out something a little different.  This time it is with more love and attention to my artistic needs that I will be sharing more of what I have been doing soon.  Keeping it personal, keeping it simple and especially keeping the cycle of happy going.


Thank you for popping in to say hello...you have made me feel at home once again.

Andrea

10 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

You've been missed, your work is so beautiful, I'm glad to hear that you are finding time to do what you love and enjoying it!

MARIA CRISTINA said...

Hermoso trabajo!!! Gran detalle artesanal.

Lisa said...

Would love to see your pretty garden, sounds wonderful! Love the look of this project, those flowers are so sweet!

Dyane said...

Sounds awesome to me Andrea! Can't wait to see more projects from you!:)

~amy~ said...

Sounds like you had a much needed time away from the blog. Sounds like you have a green thumb. I wish I did but I don't and for some reason my Mother still brings me plants/flowers...wishful thinking on her part.

LOVE your sewing projects...sooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw your name in my email, so glad to see you again. I have missed you and your creativity. so glad you have had such a wonderful year. Welcome back!
Sherri in Phoenix

bonnie said...

I love anything you do! :) x

irene said...

Welcome back. Missed you and your beautiful creations. Love to hear that you've been having fun with your family. And so glad you did decide to keep some stuff and show it to us again. it is beautiful.Bye Irene from the Netherlands.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So happy for you and your findings! I have started a little garden myself for the first time this year and we are enjoying it, more than I thought we would. I was really excited to see an email with your blog title in it! Love the beautiful flowers!

Marlou McAlees said...

welcome back Andrea, really missed your creations :) xx