Wednesday, June 25, 2014

the finding...


On the lookout yesterday for the perfect map for the #1 bucket list idea and found it!  Wanted something a little fun, colorful and easy to work with and this is what I discovered.

photo
Do you just love all of those colors?  Now to head out at some point to pick up the foam or cork board and pins.  Printed it out at 8" x 10" in order to add a frame around it and add it to our photo wall.  Amazing the things you can find out there be so many talented people!  So now that brings me to my next bucket list item.  Something that has been attempted many times; however, I still cannot get it right.


One day mine may look this gorgeous...I hope.  I have followed videos, printed instructions, and photos and still it just turns out like a brick.  The smell that fills the house is amazing, but that is about as far as it goes.  There will be no buying of fancy mixers or bread makers, just my two hands and a bowl. With a little practice and determination I will be baking my own bread on day.

Off to put on some coffee and get ready to be a handyman around the house hanging both window treatments and blinds.  Anything to keep the heat out more and energy costs down these days.  Started hanging some of our laundry out to dry, using up that summer sun.  Things get a little crispy feeling, but hey it is free, saves energy and environmentally friendly...just wish my clothes could be hung up in this backyard.

photo

Guess I know what one of my next bucket list items will be.  Until then, any place will do and just happy to work with anything we are lucky enough to have.


P.S.  Came across a website via Pinterest, of course, when I found this photo of Oregon.  The site is all about Portland! 

photo
My parents live just to the left in this photo and this is there view day in and day out.  So beautiful.  Ok, making me miss this all over again just when I thought I was recovering.  Just to smell the mountain air for one day.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the map Andrea, a perfect find!
    I'm no good at bread either. I think two hand surgeries and a broken wrist did me in. Fresh mountain air sounds good. We just got back from a week in the woods spent in a pretty log cabin. The fresh breezes and birds chirping are good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so refreshing Andrea!:) But you're not alone with the bread issue,lol. I have no luck on that either.hehe

    Enjoy every moment. Your project is wonderful! Thank you for sharing, love love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever perfect the 'bread bowl' for soups, you be sure to let me know, Andrea;)!!! That one's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 50 states, 50 spots: Natural wonders - CNN.com

    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/07/travel/50-states-natural-wonders/

    ReplyDelete