Tuesday, October 14, 2014

where my heart is...

Suttle Lake in Bend, OR - Goldy's in Boise, ID - The Sparrow Bakery in Bend, OR - Freak Alley in Boise, ID
Home is where the heart is...and now I can finally understand why that saying was created.  Spent a few days in Oregon and Idaho, happy to be back home.  Had many adventures, saw some amazing things...ate some yummy goodies...and it was time for this mama to get back to daily life.  Although I miss the place where I grew up, I realized that my family of four (plus a cat and a dog) are in Florida and that is where I need to be.  There was something in me wanting to run back to where I grew up...longing to see a landscape filled with mountains and pine trees.  Be apart of that hands on craftsman like lifestyle that I adored so much.  After a few days I soaked it all up and realized that no matter here or there, I am right where I need to be at the moment.  It is a nice feeling to step back and be thankful for where I am in the moment.  Love it here!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a refreshing get-a-way. I agree with you, there's no place like home and being snuggled in with the ones you love most!

    ReplyDelete