Thursday, June 25, 2015

leon day...


Have you heard of it?  

Leon Day?

Well, if you haven't, here is a little something I have found to help clarify.

In the United States, Leon Day is the halfway mark to Christmas. Leon is Noel spelled backwards. It is celebrated on June 25th, i.e. the turning point when Christmas begins to come closer on the calendar.  It is 182.5 days before Christmas day. 

There may be a reason why, during the heat of the summer, I begin turning on the Christmas music.  When I begin dreaming about the cooler weather.  Imagining the day when I can drag out box after box of decorations and turn our house from drab to fab.  Long for the day when I can fill my house with my favorite warm winter candle scents and freshly baked cookies.  

Ok, have I got you thinking about Christmas too? 
(photo)
How about now?


Today I am joining Patience Brewster, an amazing artist of all things whimsical for every holiday, to celebrate Leon Day.  If you can find a few minutes today, pop over to see all of the lovely ornaments which may help inspire a crafty day and put a big smile on your face.

Here is how I am celebrating today.


Make something for the holidays, check!

Get those crafty hands working, check!

Celebrating Leon Day, check!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. How CUTE are your little Santas Andrea!! The key chain is darling but I really like your framed Santa!!

    ReplyDelete