Wednesday, September 14, 2016

no. 43

 
There is something about the hum of the sewing machine echoing throughout the house.  It is much like the feeling I get when there is something baking in the oven and the scent is slowly creeping around the house letting me know that we are about to make our tummies very happy. 

I have spent the past year not touching a single item from my craft room.  Dust on the sewing machine, bins stuffed away in a long forgotten closet.  What was once a supply of craft goodies spilling from the over stuffed office shelves is not whittled down to just a few crates.  A select number of fabrics, die cuts, sheets of paper, stamps, buttons and threads have remained. 

Maybe it is the time of year, close to my birthday, the start of school, the beginning of fall, that starts that tingling feeling in my hands.  There is an absences that is so recognizable.  When days get chaotic and filled with other needs, although grateful for, leaves me longing for something that is just for me. 

Which brings me to this point, and the reason I hadn't closed down my blog already.  Somewhere to share, to stay creative, to stay connected to a world that calls me back every once and awhile.  There are only so many searches of Pinterest that can be made before I realize that it all leads me down one path.  I must create something, anything!

Today my fingers are busy with more than just school work and cooking.  I look forward to it giving me peace and a settled feeling on days when the occasional panic sets in (which happens when we are homeschooling these days).

To admire the creativity of others, and be creative myself, makes my world continue to go round!

5 comments:

  1. Great to see you back creating! Your work is always an inspiration, just beautiful! I have missed seeing your updates and creations. I hope things are well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layers of stitched prettiness Andrea! Every little item looks well thought out an perfectly placed. Enjoy this time with your little ones, it goes by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you're creating again Andrea.:) Love everything you make.Happy crafting!:)

    http://www.preciousremembranceshop.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again! I subscribe to your blog so it's a very happy place for me to retreat - it's like a piece of a great pumpkin pie (I've got fall on the brain!)... I hope you don't close down your blog - I'm so inspired by your creativity. I taught myself how to crochet this summer - and right in the chaos of life, I find myself retreating to a small session of crocheting. Continue to create - it's so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been in awe of your creative talents, Andrea, and have missed you in the crafty world! Something made me think of you today, and I popped over to see if by chance, any chance, you were crafting and creating and posting these days. And lo and behold, I find so many sweet things from you to lift my spirits! I LOVE your wee stitchy pieces. I find myself returning to an old love of fabric, needle, and thread a lot these days, too. So I am particularly inspired by your lovely pieces. But then, I've always loved everything you make. :D

    ReplyDelete