Thursday, September 22, 2016

no. 47


There was a time, when I was about eight, when I was fascinated with by bees.  We lived in the country with plenty of flowering weeds throughout our acre and a half of land, blackberry bushes and garden beds filled with flowers and vegetables.  A bee's paradise.  I would watch them buzz from one flower to another, just doing what they do best.

Now living in a crowded neighborhood, the number of bee sightings seems so small.  Maybe it is the lack of options for collecting pollen.  It could be the spray of pesticides.  Maybe it is the fact that they prefer the country setting, as do I!  Either way, I kind of miss them.

We had a neighbor once let us know that he saw a bee in our backyard and he seemed frightened by it's appearance.  Not sure if he expected us to hunt it down and destroy it, but not in our garden.  Here they are welcome to take a moment to buzz from one flower to another and enjoy.

So today, my project celebrates the bee and all that it does for us.

Here are a couple bee products I wouldn't mind adding to my collection one day.

Have a "bee"autiful day! (just had to go there)

2 comments:

  1. Another sweet project Andrea!! Love the bee fabric you found!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be terrified of bees when I was little. I did get stung several times, and that only intensified the fear. But now, I really do rather miss them. Seems like there just aren't as many around as there used to be(e). :)
    I seriously love your adorable bee hanger, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete