Friday, October 21, 2016

no. 63


Did you know this fun fact about tomatoes?

There are currently over 3,000 varieties of heirloom and heritage tomatoes being cultivated worldwide.

I don't know about you, but I probably have only tried two dozen varieties.  Now that I know that I will be seeking out more.  For now though, my favorite is the yellow tomato.  There are probably several kinds of yellow tomatoes, but all I know is that it is the big yellow-colored one at our local grocery store in it's own special basket, and it is delicious!

This is the one plant that if you show to my youngest will be stripped of the tomatoes as they ripen.  Thanks to his grandmother's garden, he has always been able to pluck a perfectly orange tomato from the plant and right into his mouth it goes.  Can't ask for more freshness than that.

From the carrot, beet, eggplant and now the tomato, my applique garden is coming together.  There is always more to come.  They will become more difficult as we go, since I did choose the easier vegetables first.  A bit easier to care for than an actual garden these days.

So, after the introduction of my little mouse yesterday, here is a little digital peek of what I was working last night.  We are all ready here for the cool weather and Christmas music, never too early for either if you ask me.  Wanted to make him up in his winter gear to celebrate the coming of the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't it be fun to grow tomatoes as cute as this!!

    ReplyDelete