Friday, November 11, 2016

no. 85

I am a scrap keeper.

Paper.

Felt.

Fabric.

There are always a couple of small containers of scraps laying about my crafting space and I have a hard time letting go.  There does come a point when I have used all I could from one little piece of felt or fabric, when there are no longer ways to stitch or cut it and it just becomes a tiny piece of fuzz floating around the tabletop.  At that point it is destine for the trash.

Until then, I will try to find a use for it, which brings me to these little textile pieces I have been doing.  These tiny 2.5" by 2.5" pieces give me plenty of opportunity to use the smallest of scrap pieces.  It both makes my heart happy that I am using it all up and gives so much textural detail in the final product.
My favorite piece of scrap in this piece is the white honeycomb shaped bit of a doily that is off to the left side.  Matched the chicken wire piece so well in the background.

In my previous post I shared this clothespin with you.  Our drill has been sitting out and I wanted to do something with it so I found the closest wood piece in my craft closet and went to drilling.  Love how it turned out, using the smallest drill bit we had.  Was such a fun little side project.  Going to try it with other thread and patterns now.
I will be posting again this weekend fir a little project I did for my guest spot at Precious Remembrance and so excited to share the newest, and always amazing, stamp set with you.  Hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment