Tuesday, December 27, 2016

no. 92

I am currently well into my 39th year and, what seems like, a quickly approaching 40th birthday is coming my way in 2017.

There is no panic setting in about the grey hairs on my head, the wrinkles on my face, or the fact that just thinking about staying up past 11 is exhausting.  I have come to accept that it is what it is.  However, I wouldn't be sharing this if it weren't for the fact that I seem to be experiencing flashbacks of myself sharing my goals and dreams with others and then suddenly struck by the realization that many have not yet been accomplished.

Daily routines.  Growing kids.  Things quickly fill each and every day.
So, where does that leave me?

New Years resolution? Not quite. (Never have been good at making them.)

November was the turning point for me.  There was a sudden need to be back around family in the northwest, hoping that some down time would bring about clarity, a clear plan for how to live a more full life.  What I got was a little unexpected, and here is where it ties into me being creative.

** Note to Self:  I have to start making more choices/actions in my life that I have dreamed about and envisioned for so long. **

Each time I sit at the craft table, or rather my dining room table, I think about each piece that goes into my project.  The colors, the layers, the thread, the theme, etc..  There is so much intention.  During those few moments I make the choices that bring me to the end with something I love and cherish and ultimately helps me express myself artistically. No one stands over me, guiding me, telling me where to place a piece of anything (that would be strange at this point anyway).

When all is said and done, I have fun sharing that with the best creative community here, in the blogging world.
That is where I am.  Have to live each day with intentional choices and making sure the dreams I have in my head come to life like these projects I share here.

There are nine months remaining until I hit my 40th year.  Change is coming and I am excited to see where it leads me.

Happy Holidays and will be back to sharing more soon (ok, maybe not so much of the talky-talk sorry!)

Love this quote:



No comments:

Post a Comment