Thursday, January 12, 2017

no. 106

When we began homeschooling a couple of years ago, I quickly realized how much I loved geometry.  It makes sense.  Using handy little gadgets to make all sorts of interesting shapes.  Most days they catch me peering over their shoulders at the newest lesson.  I can't help myself!

I think they are like most kids at their age asking the question "when will we use this in the real  world".  I run down the list of reasons, but there is nothing like a "real world" example to drive home my argument.  Which leads me to the project above.

How fun it is to take a compass and draw on a piece of wood, plan out my designs, draw in a few lines here and there, and get to drilling.  Add my thread and there you have it, a geometric shape that makes me smile.

I actually pulled the outer ring on the ornament from the fox art that I created this past weekend.  Kind of an unplanned outcome, but ended up loving it.

Be back tomorrow for a "thank goodness it's Friday" post and maybe a little more geometry.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much we can find inspiration in? Geometry, who knew!!

    ReplyDelete