Wednesday, March 1, 2017

no. 141


Oh, how true it is!

I have been told, many times by my husband, when I set a goal for myself (i.e. workout) there is always a barrier of distractions which arise and block my path.  Now this doesn't happen to household tasks, when it comes to the kids and their schoolwork, or even when it comes to my creative time (which this one may be a distraction, still deciding).   

This little saying came to mind last night as I was writing down a list of priorities for the 20th time.  There must be one in every corner of the house at this point.  Each time the same things are added, not sure why I keep writing unless it tricks my mind into believe I am working on them, right?

I am sitting here this morning, holding myself back from writing the list for the 21st time and realizing something important.  If I don't clear the mental clutter, and sometimes physical, from my space I cannot see what is truly possible.   Being the best in creating a distraction keeps that path blocked with a big ol' DETOUR sign in my way.  I will never get anywhere and one day I'll be sitting on the couch writing the list for the 500th time.  Goodness, I hope that isn't the case!

No guarantee that their won't be distractions today; however, we are going to try and clear the way for some baby steps.

Do you jump right in and go for a goal or do you distract yourself along the way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment